About Personal Information Protection
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Cranes Co., Ltd.'s Approach to Personal Information Protection
As a global supplier that can provide total solutions, Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Cranes Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "HSC") handles a variety of information: including our own technical information, and information entrusted to us by customers. Given this situation, and to ensure that such information is treated with the respect it deserves, HSC has established an information control system and is implementing it thoroughly.
In light of these issues, together with the specification of rules and establishment of a management system, HSC has fixed the personal information protection policy given below, informed executive staff and workers, and is striving to protect personal information appropriately by following this policy.
Definition of Personal Information
For HSC, personal information is information that is related to existing persons and that can be used to identify specific persons (for example, names, birth dates, numbers assigned to individuals, symbols or other marks, images, or voice recordings, and relevant information).
This includes information that cannot be used to identify individuals by itself, but can be used to identify individuals by easy cross-referencing with other data. Personal information is not limited just to information that can identify individuals, but also includes all information that indicates facts, decisions, or evaluations relating to a person's attributes (such as a person's height or build, finances, work type, or position).
Based on the Personal Information Protection Policy given below, HSC will pay detailed attention to, and expend the utmost efforts on, protecting and managing such information.
This "About Personal Information Protection" document establishes the handling of personal information by HSC.
Personal Information Protection Policy of HSC.
- Collecting, Using, and Providing Personal Information
While carefully considering the entrusting of customer information during company activities, HSC will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following stipulated rules for collecting, using, or providing personal information.
- Following Laws and Norms
For the handling of personal information, HSC will follow the Japanese laws and norms applicable to the protection of relevant personal information. Also, HSC will create and follow personal information management rules that conform to these laws and norms.
- Implementing Safety Measures
To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, HSC will implement various measures (such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company, and preventing incorrect access from outside the company), and strive to prevent any problems with personal information (such as the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of information).
- Respecting Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
When you make a request to reveal, correct, or delete your own personal information, or seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, HSC will respond with sincerity, respecting your rights related to that personal information.
- Establishing Rules for Managing Personal Information Protection, and Making Continual Improvements
HSC will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will steadily establish rules for managing personal information to ensure that such information is used appropriately and is protected. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
Purpose of Using Personal Information, and Providing to Third Parties
- HSC will use personal information only to achieve the following listed purposes (hereinafter referred to as the "PURPOSE").
- To guide for conventions or meetings, or to guide for new products or services
- To provide various types of member services
- To provide after-service for products or services
- To respond to various types of inquiries
- To perform analysis to improve products or services
- To send out questionnaires
- To execute contracts
- To execute duties under laws, regulations and norms
- HSC may provide following companies with all or part of items of personal information to jointly use only to achieve the PURPOSE.
- HSC's affiliated companies (of which 20% or more than 20% of issued shares are owned by HSC)
- Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. and its affiliated companies. (of which 20% or more than 20% of issued shares are owned by Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.)
- Hitachi, Ltd. and its affiliated companies (of which 20% or more than 20% of issued shares are owned by Hitachi, Ltd.)
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. and its affiliated companies (of which 50% or more than 50% of issued shares are owned by Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd.)
- Companies that are continuous contractors of service operations such as repair, inspection and maintenance of the crane, which have agreed to maintain confidentiality and proper management of personal information.
HSC's department designated in "About Requests to Reveal Personal Information or Reception of Complaints" below handles inquiries or complaints relating to the joint use stipulated herein.
- HSC will not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining your prior consent, except for the joint use stipulated in the previous provision or in the following circumstances:
- When required by law
- When required to protect human life, to avoid injury, or to protect assets, and when obtaining your consent would be difficult.
- When required to co-operate with the lawful activities of a national agency, local government organization, or person or organization entrusted with such a task, and obtaining your consent would interfere, or be likely to interfere, with the carrying out of such activities.
- When providing a third party entrusted a business by HSC with personal information in order to achieve the PURPOSE.
Request to Customers
- Most of the services provided by HSC can be used without requiring your personal information. However, please understand that some services cannot be provided unless you provide personal information to HSC.
- Please understand that HSC is not responsible for the safety of personal information at websites of other companies which are linked to the website of HSC.
- It is assumed that you agree to the contents of this "About Information Protection" document when you enter personal information into a HSC website. If you do not agree with this "About Information Protection" document, you may be unable to use some of the HSC services (including responses to inquiries, etc.).
About Requests to Reveal Personal Information or Reception of Complaints
For personal information maintained by HSC, please carry out the following when requesting HSC to reveal, correct, add, delete, stop usage of, stop providing to a third party, or disclose the PURPOSE for personal information (hereafter, collectively referred to as "reveal, etc."), or when complaining relating to the handling of personal information by HSC or by HITACHI GROUP in the joint use:
- For requests to reveal, etc.
Please come directly by yourself to HSC's head office or sales offices. Please understand that HSC may not accept requests to reveal, etc. by mail, telephone or e-mail.
- Identification of yourself
Please come with your identification document which has your photograph on it(i.e. passport, driver's license, etc.). When requesting to reveal, etc., please understand that HSC will make a copy of your identification document.
- For complaints relating to handling of personal information:
Please contact by mail, telephone or directly come to the following department.
- General Affairs Sec.
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Construction Cranes Co., Ltd.
6F Sumitomo Fudosan Ueno Bldg, 9-3,Higashi Ueno 6chome,Taito-ku,
- General Affairs Sec.
- The personal information protection policy of HSC is based on Japanese law.
- HSC may modify this "About Information Protection" document as appropriate to accommodate improvements in the handling of personal information, or changes or additions to laws or other norms.
- This "About Personal Information Protection" document goes into effect from the day it is published (including the update day).
- If statements in this document are covered by individual regulations regarding personal information, those regulations take precedence.